I am interested in exploring new, senior-level roles that make use of my skills and experience.
As described below, I have experience of leadership roles in the fields of business, law and policy-making. I have learnt from those experiences that my strengths include a focus on people, strong listening skills, an independent perspective, creativity, problem-solving skills, and a determination to make things work better. In more detail:
- Facilitating and mediating agreements and commercial disputes. I am an accredited CEDR mediator, and on the arbitration and mediation panels of WIPO. My facilitator and mediator profile is here: msa facilitator and mediator profile 2020. My experience includes:
- acting as an independent facilitator of negotiations over a multi-party, high-value (£200M) R&D collaboration.
- acting as an expert adviser to a mediator in a two-day mediation over a patent infringement dispute.
- representing clients in an ‘honest broker’ role where a business or professional relationship had become strained. Examples include:
- finding a way through for an IP owner in a dispute with two licensees who had potentially-overlapping, exclusive licences.
- helping to resolve several inventorship disputes.
- Being a chair or member of company boards and professional committees. My profile is here: msa board and committee profile 2020. My experience includes:
- member of the Council of the Law Society of England and Wales (2021-25)
- former chair of the IP Law Committee of the Law Society (2015-18)
- chair of BioLawEurope FmbA, a Danish-incorporated association of lawyers in over a dozen European countries (2015-22)
- founder and managing partner of a growing commercial law firm, Anderson Law LLP (currently 17 legal staff)
- former non-executive director of OBN (UK) Ltd (2016-20)
- former member of the Lambert Outer Committee
- former member of the UKIPO’s Business to Business Licensing Committee
- former secretary of the regulatory and IP law committee of the BioIndustry Association
- former co-chair of the Richmond Legal Advice Service
- Teaching and mentoring future leaders. My experience includes:
- visiting professor at the Institute of Brand and Innovation Law, University College London
- creating and convening a multi-award-winning course at UCL on IP transactions. This course has run for the last 9 years with approximately 30 volunteer speakers, who are mostly partners in leading law firms
- being training supervisor for 12 present and former members of Anderson Law, three of whom are now my partners
- Research, writing and commentary. My experience (with colleagues in Anderson Law) includes the following (further details on other pages of this blog):
- Creator/lead author of 5 legal textbooks, some now in their fourth editions
- Creator/updater of half a dozen titles of the Encyclopedia of Forms and Precedents
- Creator/lead author of numerous peer-reviewed articles in legal journals
- Creator/lead author of an award-winning blog, IP Draughts, that is getting close to one million “views”
Academic CV here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8wr7ppasldey6sk/Anderson%20academic%20CV%202021a.docx?dl=0
https___andlawllp-my.sharepoint.com_personal_mark_andlaw_eu_Documents_Documents_Anderson academic CV 2021
You must be logged in to post a comment.